The Southwest Central Regional Solid Waste Management District cooperatively through the individual member entities collects and recycles aluminum, cardboard, newsprint, office paper, plastics and glass.
Source separated recyclable materials from the District’s member entities within the Clark, Garland and Hot Spring Counties area are transported to the District Recycling Center for processing and marketing.
The SWCRSWMD Recycling Advisory Committee assists in reviewing all recycling activities within the District.
“Drop off” of recyclable items is available at locations in the City of Arkadelphia (419 Hemphill Road) and the City of Gurdon (City Hall) for residents of Clark County.
The City of Hot Springs provides curbside collection of recyclable materials and also has “drop off” available at the District Recycling Center (218 Runyon St.). Residents in Garland County may drop off recyclable materials at either of the County’s two Transfer Stations (2634 Airport Road or 685 Hwy. 7N) or at the Garland County Landfill (1040 Cedar Glade Road).
Hot Spring County
The Hot Spring County Solid Waste Authority has ten Transfer Stations located within the County to allow for convenient “drop off” of recyclable materials.
- HSCSWA Satellite Station, 20782 Hwy. 67N, Malvern
- HSCSWA #1 (Gifford), 20772 Hwy. 67N, Malvern
- HSCSWA #2 (Social Hill), 26726 Hwy. 84, Malvern
- HSCSWA #3 (Bismarck), 8871 Hwy. 7, Bismarck
- HSCSWA #4 (Hwy. 9), 8815 Hwy. 9, Malvern
- HSCSWA #5 (Donaldson), 33594 Hwy. 67S, Donaldson
- HSCSWA #6 (Jones Mill), 4811 Hwy. 270, Malvern
- HSCSWA #7 (Caney), 6540 Hwy. 128, Bismarck
- HSCSWA #8 (Point Cedar), 1882 CC Road, Amity
- HSCSWA #9 (Friendship), 1180 Kaney Road, Friendship